Monday, February 15, 2010

Still Bordering (On Insanity!)

Just got done ripping out some diamonds to try and square up the background. Hopefully I'll be able to post a photo of it later this evening. I've got to take Bailey to the vet ($$$$$) at 3:00, so I'm working off and on today and keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't start snowing (yet again) before I get to the vet and back.

Just signed up for the Friday Night Sew-In. Click on the link in my sidebar if you'd like to join.

NEWS AT 11....

No photo tonight as I feel that I've spent the afternoon sitting on the jetty at Half Moon Bay. Too soon to tell whether the day was a total waste. Nothing that can't be fixed, just not happy with today's end results. As I've come to learn with this project, putting it away for the night is the best thing to do now. A fresh look in the morning can usually fix whatever ails it.

I've set the goal to be total completion of the background by the weekend, and that includes any funky embellishment and needle work.

On a positive note, I've met my goal for today (which was to get it into a passable square/rectangle form) and now I've got 4 nights to tweak it into some semblance of 'presentable/competitive'.

Maybe I'll feel it's worthy of a photo tomorrow night. For now, I'm heading for our cozy bed with a magazine or two. G'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!