Thursday, March 4, 2010

Decisions, decisions....what to do

(Before I begin, if you've got speakers, turn 'em on. You're going to want to hear today's tune, especially if you sew).

Late lunch break, so I'm taking a minute to update the blog in case I'm not back tonight. I'll be out merchandising a bit later than usual and Thursday is doog tv night.

Okay, moving on. This is what I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. working on:


Let me explain that this challenge didn't start out being Baltimore-ish flowers appliqued to the center block. It was actually intended to be a Hawaiian-esq medallion. I was cutting things out of color copies of the fabric, and when I showed it to the hubs he didn't register the appropriate enthusiam I was looking for, so I scrapped it and took the high Road to Baltimore.

Now I'm not so sure.

The rest of this will be pretty geometric and made up of the brown paisley, the striped brown and a couple of solid brown/red brown fabrics. So while these may look quite shocking as is, I think it's going to be toned down significantly once the rest of the small dark blocks are attached.

Maybe I need to go back to the medallion, only lose the khaki center block. The question is, do I use the turquoise:


Or do I go with the brown paisley block


Hmm... I think I'll see what the hubs has to say when he gets home. And I also think I'll piece together the rest of the quilt and audition these two again. What do you think?

The plan is that if I do replace it, I'm going to use the flower block in the center of the backing. Way too much blanket stitching to let that one not be incorporated somehow, especially when we're also being judged on workmanship.


1 comment:

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!