Thursday, October 15, 2009

If it's Thursday, we must be in Houston


Good morning Houston! Today's plan is to start the show with the vendors on a fabric quest. I expect it will be much more crowded today. It really wasn't too bad last night. But then, I'm sure there's a lot of quilters who would rather spend the $10 on fabric instead of a chance to shop for 3 hours.

Maybe we weren't in the right place at the right time, but I saw no super deals that were offered only during the Preview...no bags of silk scraps for half price, no half price FQs, so for the first entry in my "Lessons Learned in Houston: Things to Do Differently Next Year" book, saving the $300 a night hotel cost and skipping Preview is going to have to rank #1 on the list.

And the second entry is Be an informed buyer, do not make impulse purchases. The Sew Steady table I bought last night for a big 20% discount sells for the discounted price I paid, down to $20 less all over the Internet.

Well, it's my turn in the shower, be back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!