Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Failure to Bleach


The folded fabics on top are unbleached, the ones below spent a good 6 hours in bleach. Either this is some indestructible fabric, or I've got a dud bottle of bleach. I'm running out of time to find a fabulous sky fabric for this little art quilt. I've got one more trick up my sleeve...I bought a light blue 'faux batik' FQ and I'm going to try sponging on some straight bleach, or maybe some really watery acrylic paint. Otherwise, it's back to the quilt shops to see if I've missed something.

Well, I'm off to work. Have a lovely Tuesday...chin up, there's a long weekend coming!

6 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it did NOTHING! Incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many of us wouldn't think of using JoAnn cotton fabric to quilt....obviously that should be reevaluated, as this stuff is apparently indestructible! (Wondering when I'll hear from JoAnn's advertising agency :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It'll probably disintegrate mysteriously when you've forgotten all about adding bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And bleach does get old/go bad. Try again with a fresh bottle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Typical isn't it? If you dropped just a drop accidentally on something really precious it would work with no problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter has had luck using the Clorox pen. The first time, however, she sat too long on the fabric (a knit) a made a hole.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!