Wednesday, June 19, 2013

It's a Great Day!

Woke up this morning to find an email from Karen on the Aurifil Buzz blog  congratulating me for winning:



Woo hoo! First of all we all know how much I enjoy applique, but we also know that I am Aurifil Thread's biggest fan. And of the 12 spools of thread in that collection, there's not a single duplicate in my 81-spool (so far) collection. So cool. Going to the office today with a big smile on my face.

And bonus....there's a free lunch/party at the office today. You gotta love it when the one day a week you have to fight that 20 minute commute to work winds up being an all over stellar, not too hot and humid, not raining day.

So, what's up with me, besides planning to marathon some serious quilting between tonight and Sunday.

Well, last weekend we went to the Annapolis Quilt Guild show and hopped a couple of shops out that way. The quality of the work in this particular show is admirable.

 
The workmanship on this one was just so perfect. Notice the symmetry.
 
 
Okay, now I was super impressed when people in my Mimi Dietrich year-long Baltimore album class were using batik, or black background fabric, but this quilter used all black and white. This was fabulous!
 

 
Of course, it was a tough choice for me, but this William Morris applique won my vote for Best of Show. It was breathtaking, as well as the quilting on it. Can't wait to start mine.
 

 

This was just a fun wool piece. I'm a sucker for wool applique.


 
And this Diane Hire design caught  my eye. I have the book and it looks like such a fun paper piecing project. The hubs thought it a bit busy for something to sleep under, and he's probably right, but I still love it.
 
I picked up some sweet Asian fabrics for an upcoming class at the show, as well as some super 40% off fabric at Cottonseed Glory's sale, but right now I've got to jump in the shower and head out for the office. We'll pick this up where we left off in another post.
 
Enjoy your day...hope my 'winning' smile is contagious.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! Love the quilts from the show. Your excitement is infectious. Lane

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!