Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's Here


The first couple of times it's little legs popped out and then back in when I touched the handle made me jump--iron possessed. I just wasn't expecting this little robotic noise. But after I got used to it, I could focus on it's ironing capability, which was pretty good. It's fun having a new toy, especially after a somewhat mediocre day at one job and somewhat pissy day at the other.

I knew this baby was being delivered today, so I reminded the hubs to check the front 'porch' when he came home, since I'd be late. When I got home and asked after it he mumbled that he hadn't seen an iron, from behind the paper he was reading. I set my stuff down, and even before pouring a glass of wine (I was on a serious mission here), I'm heading into the office to go retrieve the tracking number. He sprints in ahead of me,  throws himself into the chair in front of the laptop and says 'go upstairs and use your own computer'. He needs to make a baseball trade or something silly and can't wait 30 seconds for me to do what I need to do.

Exasperated, I head upstairs and there's the box on my chair in the studio. Ha ha ha! He's such a tool. Unfortunately, I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind to appreciate it, but then again, I didn't bite his head off.

Not in the mood to sew tonight, I'm almost done with the baby quilt that I need for the shower on Saturday. I'll be hard at work on that tomorrow night and Friday night. I don't want to be sewing the binding on Saturday morning (like that hasn't happened before), because I'd like to count this as an April OPAM finish.


Spiraling out of control....par for the course for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!