Saturday, August 13, 2011

Drive By Blogging - First August OPAM

I have no idea how I am still conscious and functional.

Last night after trying to catch up with about 500 emails in a Yahoo Group I'm in, I decided to switch out my iPhone and just lost track of time organizing my aps on different screens. Before I knew it, the clock said 4:15, and I said 'heck with it, let's go outside and look for meteors and the International Space Station".

Didn't see any meteors (well, maybe, but it was a little overcast here and there and I couldn't be sure), but I did see the ISS cruise by, so it was worth the effort.

7:15 AM the hubs is handing me the phone, my daughter is on her way to 'boot camp' and can I drive over to where she is and pick up the grandpup? Two and a half hours of sleep (I take naps longer than that), no coffee, and I'm on my way out to pick up a dog in a parking lot.

I figured I'd take a nap later, but I got involved in a couple of projects, and between the coffees and the adrenaline sleep was elusive.

As you can see above, I have procured Running With Scissors. The hubs was in Manassas, VA yesterday for a softball tournament and I rang him up and sent him on a quest. Seems I was a bit vague and only requested 'red', so he brought home a Merlot and a Cab Sauv. Two bottles!!! Obviously, one was going to turn into a studio accessory. So I found a way to attach some actual scissors, and then I began obsessing of what to use in a vignette.

Right away I knew I wanted a pincushion, so I made 4 (heck, as long as you're going to the trouble)



I filled two with poly beads (in case they should happen to leave the country....Customs in some countries frowns upon sand and nutshells and potpourri fillings). The other two are filled with actual beach sand from Florida. (Shh....this is probably not legal...swiping beach sand.)

And I'm pleased with the final display:



The scissors you see lying there are a paper cutout, and there's a white button that doesn't show up very well in the photo. And oh, yeah, the glass of wine is empty now..but you expected that, right?

Maybe tomorrow, after a good night's sleep, and a small bit of house cleaning I'll be ready to tackle the Drunkard's Path project--though I may surprise myself and try monogramming some napkins (feeling daring today). It's time I started paying attention to the philosophy of the 'bling'.





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day/night. Love the pincushions. I hadn't though of filling them with Florida sand and I live where sand is plentiful. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the Running with Scissors wine!! Would love to get my hands on a bottle (or two, maybe three with the week I've got ahead....) Cute little pin cushions! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!