Sunday, December 27, 2009

Is It Over Yet?

Yes, I think it is.

Just finished cleaning up after my brunch for 18 (well, 17 really, as one was just a baby and didn't eat anything). That was the last entertainment commitment for 2009. Hoo-RAH!

Christmas dinner for 18 was lovely. The hubs handled 99% of the cooking for that one And thank God for that. I fried the shrimp and cleaned up. (Mostly after 3 a.m., after which I had to sit down and work out the logistics for the next soiree).

It's been a whirlwind 3 days. Off tomorrow and then back to work Tuesday (telecommute). I should be able to work in some quilting. I need to get the SIL's quilt on the pinning table and quilted. The goal is to have it in the mail early next week.

And yes, I did finish Anna's knitting tote (surely you didn't lose faith now, did you?)

 5 different fabrics, 9 outside pockets, most of them pleated. A bit of a challenge, but I pulled it off.


Oh, and it's darn big.

In case you're wondering how I fared for Christmas, I got a Piece O' Cake applique quilt kit and a Gees' Bend quilt kit from the hubs. As well as some books and an Elly Sinkiewicz DVD. (also jewelry, slippers, makeup, Cap'n Jack Sparrow toy and a new badly-needed watch--he's much too good to me)

My daughter gave me Cheryl Ann's design wall--that was pretty funny, her and I attempting to set that up in the family room Christammas morning. 6'x6' is a lot larger in real life than it is in your head. My daughter's boyfriend gave me a way-too-generous gift certificate to Needles and Pins in Frederick, so I've got a lot of damage to do there, which I think I may embark on tomorrow. I'm thinking of outfitting myself with everything needed to pull off a Dear Jane....heck with these Thangles BOMs....let's take on a project with some serious substance!

Well, I'm headed up to pin the SIL's quilt. The hubs bought me one of those little awl-like safety pin closing/opening tools. This should prove to be amusing (and elicit much cursing). I've not exactly won any prizes for my stellar coordination skills....

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good time - and you even managed to do some quilting!! I'm having another Christmas today and then it's headlong into the New Quilting Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you're a busy lady. Loved the totebag.

    ttfn :) Yuki in chilly Silver Spring, Md

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do you think of the design wall? Sweetie gave that to me last year. It took up a lot of room. My cats loved knocking it over. I've since given up on it.

    ttfn :) Yuki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yuki. I hope I love the wall. I don't have anything in any stage to use it on yet, but I was getting really tired of laying blocks out on the bed and having the various dogs decide they wanted to lay all over them while I was arranging. Hope to see you Monday.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!