Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wishing you a peaceful Christmas Eve

I am getting ready to finish telecommuting and headed up to the studio to try to finish my friend Anna's gift. If not, she'll be opening a box of fabric scraps and a promise. This will teach me to wait until the day before to start a project that I've never done before (pleated outside pocketed tote  bag).

The hubs is out to the grocery store. In appreciation I sent him off with a typed shopping list arranged by aisle with coupon items in bold.

The BIL is supposed to stop by with his 4-year old daughter to make gingerbread houses, and I'm hoping that his 13-year old daughter comes to supervise so I can rally on in the studio. I've still got to make labor-intensive cinnamon rolls (they need 2 rises) so they're ready for breakfast tomorrow morning. If I don't, this would break what has been a 20 year tradition and I'm not sure I want that responsibility.

There's also gingerbread dough in the fridge that's been there a couple of days waiting to be cut into various sized stars and stacked into trees with powdered sugar snow sifted over them. I'm afraid that may be the extent of cookies, though I could throw something together later. We'll see.

Fortunately I finished the MIL's gift.....


I'll check in later and let you know if I finished the tote. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!