Sunday, August 30, 2009

My first tote bag

So this is what I've been working on. It's my first tote bag. Six Kaffe Fassett FQs plus a yard and a half. The pattern is by Indygo Junction. I added an additional side closure to give it this more streamlined look.
But if you want to load it up, you can leave them unsnapped and carry it opened.

Two inside pockets give you a place to drop your cellphone and your credit cards (so you have easy access while walking the vendor aisles at the quilt show).

Love the fabric, love the design, hate the handles. They're rope-like cording stuffed inside fabric tubes. I'm not sure they're the strongest as they seem to be shrinking a bit and leaving me with empty fabric at the bottom of each handle where it attaches to the bag. Not sure that's going to be very strong. I may have to suck it up and take the bag apart and substitute in some webbing wrapped in fabric unless I can figure out how to stabilize these. You can stitch through the cord, but it's pretty soft and it will pull away from the thread.

Okay, well, just wanted to check in. This is day 3 of my 4-day weekend, and I haven't even begun half the stuff I said I was taking vacation days off to get done around the house. I'm trying to have everything super-cleaned/repaired/organized so I can enjoy next week's 3-day weekend with no household obligations other than hosting a crab-feast for the family on Labor Day. I want a solid day of crafting and a solid day of sewing....Christmas is coming!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!