Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Birthday To You

As promised, the finished birthday quilt....tah dah!

And the back with my 'signature block'.

My sister pointed out that I didn't have a finished photo of the Maple Leafs of Friendship table cover quilt, so here is that one:
actually covering the table.

So this makes two quilts finished so far this month. The black/white/green is currently in the sewing machine. It's going to be a tedious walking foot with a bit of freemotion job. Hope to have it done by the weekend. Then I've got to quilt Nautilus (which is pinned and ready), and I'm all caught up and can start a new one. Pretty productive summer so far, if I don't say so myself.

Oh, and I tweaked the center block of my group project last night. Instead of making the border be the dusty teal polka dots, I used the star fabric that I used for the smaller circles in the block. I can't wait to see what direction this one goes in.
I've got this weekend and next week to catch things up as I've planned to drop my machine at the 'spa' on the 11th for a well deserved rest and some pampering while I'm in Hawaii. Must get back to work as I have no time to waste.

1 comment:

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!