Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finally!!!!


See all that thread....it's the quilting thread on the Drunkard's. While the majority of the beige thread is snip offs, the majority of the brown is rip out. I spent 2 hours yesterday afternoon quilting, followed by another 2 hours ripping out everything I did. Went through a bit more of the same today, and finally settled on a tiny meander and set to work finishing.  Done! All that's left is binding, a label, and a hanging sleeve for the show.


The Bella Solids color card arrived on Saturday. Not only is it huge.....


But it's an actual fold-over of each fabric, which is great. You can slip another fabric under it for matching. Very nice.


And this also arrived this weekend:


A jelly roll of Cosmo Cricket Salt Air, and two yards of a coordinating Bella solid (mint). Can you say new summer quilt? If only I could finish all my other projects so I could start on this one. I am loving the fabrics in this line. And the colors...salt water taffy comes to mind. Yum!

Tomorrow's plan is to bind the Drunkard's. Gotta have an OPAM for February. I'd love to complete the Aurifil Designers BOM for February, which might be possible...not the best use of my time, especially since I've got a class next Sunday and nothing to show. The Aurifil block is an easy prep, so maybe I'll give that a shot.

What's on your list to be completed?

3 comments:

  1. Thumbs up on the Salt Air jelly roll. I got one last week too! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say, sorry about ripping out, but I just had to remove two rows of machine quilting after deciding I didn't like the thread color!! Why is it that it only takes a few minutes to put in and HOURS to take it out?!?! HOURS!!! Please disreguard my hissing note of unhappiness here...lol!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!