Sunday, August 23, 2015

Off on Various Tangents -- What Happened to Sea Swept?

The County Fair ended yesterday, and Sea Swept slept blissfully through it, in the closet.

While my intention for this quilt was to finish it and enter it in this year's Fair, I decided that after 2014's disappointing showing of the 2,360 piece, double flanged, Kaffe Fassett quilt (5th place in the pieced quilts category--it didn't receive a single excellent grade in any of the judging criteria), that I was taking a break from the Fair.

2014 Fair Entry - 5th Place


Maybe by next year I'll be over the need to want my work validated with ribbons and I'll enter Sea Swept and it's 1829 pieces and their perfect (paper pieced) pointsr.  Or maybe not....not sure I can get past the 'Very Good' grade the judge gave me for 'piecing' on that Kaffe last year.

Well, since I don't have to go stand in line to pick up Fair entries today, I'm free to work on those pincushions.  (Or some other pincushions ). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!