Monday, June 30, 2014

Striving for Normalcy

 (One of my 'repurposed pincushion' finds from the ladies trip to the beach a couple weeks ago)

With the beach trip followed by Florida/cruise/Florida trips, June has been exhausting.

The hubs was gone for a softball tournament all weekend (yes, he's nuts....unpack Wednesday to repack and leave again on Friday, not to mention he played ball Wednesday and Thursday night).  WIth the house to myself, you might have thought I'd have done some serious sewing, but alas, between cleaning, grocery shopping and enjoying the solitude (except for a neighbor's party on Saturday night), there was little stitching going on at House of Entwistle..

In 10 days, I'm headed off to Portland for business, so again, not much time for play, but I MUST squeeze in some time to prep handwork to take on the trip (6 hour flight each way, 5 nights in a hotel with no sewing machine...must have some kind of hand sewing to amuse myself.).

Once I get back I've got to put the pedal to the metal and get that Kaffe scrappy quilt sandwiched and quilted so I don't miss the deadline for entering it in the County Fair.

Today I managed  to complete 2 of the 10 Dear Jane blocks I've committed myself to do each month. (Hmmmm....tomorrow's the last day of the month and I've still got 8 blocks to go...sigh...I knew that afternoon nap was going to cause trouble.).


Okay, it's almost 3 am and I'd best get to bed (yet another reason I shouldn't do naps). Happy Monday! Hope to get at least 3 more DJ blocks done tomorrow. (Better to be only 5 behind rather than 8).

1 comment:

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!