Monday, December 30, 2013

Sister and Santa Rock the Sewing Gifts


I've got a sister who likes to indulge my pin cushion collection. In fact, I think she's probably the one that started the collection when I first started quilting 5 years ago.


Here's her Christmas additions to my collection this year:

 This one is too cute. It's a felted wool ring. I adore felted wool pincushions, and this is my first one.

Next up:
This sweet heart-shaped pincushion made from a vintage quilt top. It's trimmed out with a tuille bow and some vintage ribbon, a few yo-yos and some buttons, but take a close look at the worn, threadbare fabric.

It's just too cool. I am far from being a prissy, girly girl, but I really love this. It's just so unique.

She also hooked me up with a fat quarter pack of bold floral prints. I need to find something fun to use these for. Right now, they're whispering 'tote bag'.

Thanks Big Sister!

Now, for the funnest, totally unexpected gift of all. It wasn't on my wish list, and it came from a single comment made in passing while explaining a scene in a TV show I had flipped on while the hubs was in the room the week before Christmas.


Thank you Santa (Thank You, Mood).

Bye, Swatch!

(Let's talk about some resolutions tomorrow, eh?)

2 comments:

  1. I had to look up Mood to find out what it is. Now I am curious as to what is in the bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is: Wow, the fact he listened to what you were saying, remembered it and actually did something about it. Love that show too. I'm still waiting for my hot pink KitchenAid :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!