Friday, September 18, 2009

Is it tomorrow yet?

Crap, it's only 6:36. This is worse than any Christmas Eve, EV-ah! You know I'll be wide awake at 4 a.m.

So, came home, called G Street Fabrics, asked pricing and feature questions about different machines, went to the Bernina website, printed out the only brochure I was missing (yes, I had all the rest.....a girl can dream, can't she?). Found a U.K. site with a comparison chart, printed that out. I'm ready to crack the old brochures tonight (just need to finish up this glass of wine).

Now, this is particularly killing me because DH is playing softball, so I haven't had a chance to talk to him to see if one of us wasn't 'too many marshmallows in the Lucky Charms this morning' delusional. I can't phone-a-friend and squeal 'ohMIgod's and 'shut UP's/'get out!'s into the phone..my friends are sewing-arts challenged, they don't craft, they don't sew. (Actually, Anna knits.). But none of them want to hear sewing machine drivel on a Friday night.

So, the only person left to call is my sister (trust me, I had her on the cell as soon as I left the office). What do you think she said? (Refer to previous posts, if this might help you) "So, this means you won't be quilting my table runners this weekend, doesn't it?".

Really, she did say that, but she didn't mean it. She was being funny, in her own older-sisterly way (emphasis on 'older').

Actually, she is excited for me, and is being very patient listening to sewing machine quilting vs. embroidery drivel. And for that, I'll most graciously use my new machine to embroider her initals on all of her granny panties when she moves into the home.

And with that, I'd better start running now........

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!