Monday, June 22, 2009

You Know How Sometimes Strange Things Just Seem To Happen?


Well, last night I never did get back into the studio to sew, so instead I was playing around on the computer and having exhausted my attention span for Pogo, I decided to Google family names. (I do this every once in a while to make sure there's nothing out there that shouldn't be.)

Well, my husband's name (he's a 'III') comes up on an eBay listing for a vintage postcard, so I trot on over to check it out. Apparently his late grandfather and his wife managed a seaside motel back in the 1950s, and their names are listed in the property description as "Operating under new management/Dwight and Jo Entwistle".

First of all, who knew? Secondly, what kind of Karma led me to this card? I wasn't looking for it, it's not something common, and a search today won't turn up another one. It's just one of those freaky things, I guess. A classic example of being in the right place at the right time. How cool is that?

I'm hoping that his grandfather and his wife are pictured in the photo on the card. I can't tell from the photo on the auction page, which I've copied above. (I'll replace it with good photo once I receive the card).

Weirder still? When I was little my favorite book was 'The Pink Motel' about a beachside motel in Florida, much like the one in the photo...which if you notice, is PINK! (cue Twilight Zone theme here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!