Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slacking Again

Excuses, excuses, excuses....story of my life, which is why I never seem to get the hang of regular posts.

I have been busy quilting--rather piecing. Here's a photo of what I locked myself in my workroom with the weekend before last.


This is the 2007 Thangles Buck a Block...my very first piecing project. It got better as the months progressed. I actually did finish the blocks in 2007, they just sat in a box while I made the 2008 Buck a Block blocks. Now that I've started the 2009 (which I really like the color combo), I thought it might be a good idea to go back and actually finish the ones I've finished.

I made up the sashing and sashing squares (which used leftover fabric from the blocks). It will have a light blue print backing. All that remains is to whip out the 'sandwich table' and put it together...oooh, I can use my new curved safety pins my daughter put in my Christmas stocking.

I seem to be avoiding doing that, probably because once I do I'm comitted to machine quilting, and it's just a bit larger than the last piece I freemotioned on my 1260. So this weekend I pulled out my Baltimore Blues applique blocks and finished one block and started another. Sometimes it just feels right to do some hand sewing.

Hopefully I'll do a little quilting this weekend. Or maybe I'll pull out the Babylock and learn how to serge...Lord knows I've had that machine for 5 years now and never even plugged it in.

I've also got a Santa I'd like to make (Beachwalker)--yep, the one I've been procrastinating about for the past 2 years--ever since Cap'n Jack was finished, but I'm still not feeling the doll-making creative vibe enough for that one. I need a beach trip for some inspiration, so he may have to stand down until we get back from Hawaii, though I have been thinking it might be fun to just suck up the 3 hour drive and hop in the car and head to the Eastern Shore for a little Winter Beach Walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!