Saturday, May 4, 2013

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go


 
Tomorrow begins my 2-day workshop with Spiky Deb Karasik. Woo hoo! Got the new sewing machine rolling tote all packed up, machine velcro'd in snugly, pockets inside and out stuffed with notions, and basket-o-fabric along for the ride.

Like I might have mentioned.....it required a million little pieces

 
Yes, they are all sorted into color and component order, labeled and sweetly tied together with fabric strings. (Don't think I can't see you rolling your eyes! You know that it is all about 'cute' with me.). I finished cutting at 4 a.m. (yawn)


And of course, they needed a pretty basket to sit in on my sewing table,, as it will not be humanly possible to paper-piece 592 pieces of fabric together in the span of a 2-day workshop.

If all goes well, we will someday have a finished wallhanging (or more likely a giant coaster for the coffee table)  that somewhat resembles this:


Whatever the outcome, it shall be a fun 2 days, and I shall learn volumes about paper piecing--like whether or not it is something I want to do again.

In the meantime, I'm off to make something to take with to a neighborhood cookout (surprise 50th birthday party for one of the Happy Hour Lady's hubs), and I shall be keeping my fingers crossed that  my Kentucky Derby bets are all winners :)

Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That pattern looks absolutely gorgeous - but then, I love paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy a bit of paper piecing here and there. I think you will too! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and look forward to your comments. Thanks for reading. Happy quilting!