Pumpkins Gone Wild on the Windmill Farm has been finished. (Okay, it still needs a label, so sue me).
It's a big one. I got a little carried away with those windmills. I wasn't sure I was going to like the beige background, but I really couldn't see using anything else. As it turns out, I really like it a lot, even if it will need to be washed more often.
The back has the Moda Pumpkins Gone Wild panel in the center of it. I bought all of the fabric on a trip to Lancaster the first year I started quilting (2008). The price was great, I was in love with Moda, so I just picked up bits and pieces of prints that went together and a lot of the wavy stripe for the back. Then last fall I saw the panel at the LQS and figured that maybe I could use it somehow, so I bought it. Good thing. I was a little short on borders (see cornerstones) and backing. But as quilty things are wont to do, it all worked out.
Next up on the agenda was slashing apart (and consequently piecing back together...meticulously, and perfectly matched), the Ginny Beyer border fabric to border the braided table runner.
All we have to do is work out all those points in attaching the border around them. The colors are pretty rich. This one is going to have to be a dining room table or buffet runner.
This is your last chance to comment for the Red Velvet Cupcake Pincushion. Comments on the previous post and this post, made by followers, will be tossed into the old random number generator tomorrow night and this sweet treat will be winging it's way to it's new home in time for Christmas.
Good luck, and enjoy your Wednesday!