I took a class yesterday morning when I was having trouble grasping the concepts in Ricky Tims' book. Well, actually it was more like I was too lazy to read the book and it was easier to have someone show me the mechanics of this.
I've not got the contrast/pop/in your face effect I was striving for. My fabrics are just too well coordinated. So I had some of the two greens left over and on my way out of the quilt shop I picked up a couple startling contrast pieces that may give me what I want. As soon as I finish this one--inner border, outer border, back, quilt and bind--hopefully all accomplished tonight (in my dreams), I'll do it all over. I consider this an experiment/assignment/homework--this way I can make the same thing again and not feel wonky doing it.